Marriage Licenses and Certificates
Sheri H. Blevins,
Written Requests Mailed to:
Whitfield County Probate Court
205 N Selvidge Street Suite G
Dalton, GA 30720
Fax (706) 281-1735
- Whitfield/Murray Family Frameworks
- Whitfield/Murray Family Frameworks (en Espanol)
- Family Frameworks Website
- Certificate of Premarital Education
**NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED**
- $77 without Premarital Education
- $37 with proof of 6 hours of Premarital Education
Marriage Licenses are NOT issued on Wednesdays due to Traffic Court.
The Probate Judge does NOT perform Marriage Ceremonies.
Marriage Ceremony by a Judge may be arranged by contacting the Whitfield County Magistrate Court to schedule an appointment at (706) 278-5052
NOTE: Applications are accepted
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
However, applications are NOT accepted at this time on Wednesday due to Traffic Court
- 18 years or older (if under 18 see Minors below)
- Must present valid ID (valid driver's license, state issued ID, passport, certified copy of Birth Certificate…)
- If previously married you must present a certified copy of your Final Divorce Decree or a certified copy of the Death Certificate.
- Out of State Applications: Same rules apply above; however, if you reside outside of Georgia then your marriage license will only be valid in Whitfield County.
- Minors: (16-17) Both parents must be present with valid ID's and certified copy of Birth Certificate to consent to minor's application for marriage license.
NO ONE UNDER 16 CAN BE ISSUED MARRIAGE LICENSE.